Saturday, September 25, 2010

Stomach Flu Continued

I thought that I had dodged the stomach flu when Nicole had gone two days without throwing up and I had not yet gotten sick. I was wrong. Two nights ago while Marie was in the hospital pushing out a baby, I was at home sick, sick, sick. I had been at the hospital with Marie when I was feeling very nauseated. I thought that it was my regular pregnancy nausea, but I left the hospital and went home because I knew it would be hours before the baby came.

I'm glad I did go home because it wasn't long before I was throwing up. Side note: Uncle Darin stopped by this same night and dropped off some cookies for us because they were thinking of us. Unfortunately, I tossed my cookies. Nicole was also having a difficult night, most likely from tooth pain. So, I was awake throwing up, Nicole was awake crying, and Matt was awake trying to take care of all of us. It was a really long night! We thought that we would have to go to the emergency room because I just couldn't stop vomiting (like every 20 minutes) and we were concerned that I would be too dehydrated and risk the baby. But, I made it through the night thankfully.

I called the doctor yesterday morning and got an anti nausea medication so that I could keep fluids down and rehydrate myself. It worked, thankfully! I was able to keep fluids down and didn't need to go to the hospital to get an IV. Apparently, it is very dangerous to get dehydrated when you are pregnant.

I felt really crappy all day yesterday and Nicole was a cry face all day and Matt was a trooper through it all. He even snuck out during Nicole's nap to go to the hospital to see his mom and dad. He just takes care of everyone, me, Nicole, Momma Kimball, Dad Kimball. I don't know how he does it.

I got a good nights sleep last night and I am finally feeling a little more normal today. I have more energy and I no longer have the horrible nausea, just regular first trimester nausea.

Hopefully, I will feel well enough tomorrow to finally go and see my new nephew!\

UPDATE: Matt came home from school and he has it now too. It got all three of us. Dangit.

4 comments:

Jasmine said...

Ugh, I'm sorry you caught it, too! I never would have made it through my first trimesters without my anti-nausea medication, so I can't imagine having stomach flu on top of that. Thank goodness Matt is still well.

Feel better!

Laura said...

You three should build up so many immunities from getting sick that when Nicole starts school you won't get sick because you have had everything already. I hope that my logic works. Anyway, I'm glad you and Nicole are feeling better. Sorry to hear Matt had to go through it too.

Deanne said...

I'm so sorry. I apologize for the poor timing of the cookie drop off. We'll try again another time when you're all feeling better. Good Luck!

Jasmine said...

Looks like I spoke too soon....sorry, Matt!