Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pumpkin Painting


So, with our pumpkins that we acquired from the pumpkin patch, we painted them. Why paint and not carve? Because I have toddlers and knives and toddlers don't mix. Paint and toddlers? Those mix just fine.


Both kids took painting very seriously. No smiles, all serious painting.


I stripped Dan down to his diaper because I suspected that he wouldn't be able to stay clean while painting... and I was right.


The first time that Dan got paint on his hand he freaked out and wanted me to clean his hands. But then it started getting everywhere and he didn't care any more.



This is a typical Nicole face that I seem to capture on camera a lot.


Dan decided to taste the paint. But he didn't like it so much. Don't worry, it is just poster paint.


 Here is Dan's finished pumpkin.
 And Nicole's finished pumpkin.
And my finished pumpkin.

The kids had a lot of fun, but it only took like 30 minutes for them to paint all the sides of their pumpkins. I was kinda hoping that the activity would take longer. I love doing these kinds of crafts with them, though I find it hard to have the time to do crafts with the kids.

Most nights I get home, make dinner, feed the kids dinner, clean up after dinner, clean up toys around the house, bathe the kids, pajama the kids, bottle the baby, and put them to bed. My time is here and gone before I get to do any thing fun with the kids.

No comments: