Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Probably Shooting Myself in the foot but...

Okay, so Mike and I went to my brother Jake's house on Saturday and then on Sunday I find out that both he and Jill are out of their minds sick with the stomach flu. So, Mike and I think that we are going to inevitably get sick as well. And we decide that we will watch me because I will most likely be the first to befall the dreaded sickness because my immune system sucks beyond the telling of it. Then, Mike calls me last night to tell me that I am feeling sick, which I am not, but he is. So Mike is sick with the stomach flu and I am not. Quary.
So, do I expect to get sick in the very near future? Click my heels and tap my toes because my immune system apparently rocks? Or do I do the noble thing and nurse my sick brother back to help, thereby insuring my sickness to come?
Right now I'm dumbfounded that I have lasted this long without getting sick. It is always me that gets sick, ask anyone. And I seem to always get sick on a holiday because I have the luck that during my vacation, I will inevitably get sick and therefore not be able to enjoy my time off. With school less than a week away, I think that it will be my luck that I would get sick the last week of freedom, thereby disenabling me to spend my last week in funville. Not that I had fantastic plans or anything, but what could have been...
Update:
Justin reported sickness tonight and I remain unsickified. I felt a little nausiated yesterday, but had some ginger tea(of the herbal variety) and all was well. How is it that I am not sick? I wonder if Nancy has been infected as well...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is a strange thing. It could be the food diet that your on. Healthier food can increase your immune system ya know.
GO Becky Go!!!
I have faith that you wont get sick. And I vote that you dont do the noble thing, Instead I would take the opportunity to mock were I you.

Justin said...

I wasn't sick, I was merely napping.