Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mommy, You're Funny

Just in the last couple days Nicole has started communicating a lot better. She has started talking in sentences and is able (most of the time) to express what she wants or needs.

My favorite thing that she is says right now is, "Mommy, you're funny." Sometimes when I am being silly for her or just tickling her, she will say this to me and it makes me so happy because she knows what funny is, and she has finally realized that yes, I AM funny.

We are hoping that this boost in using words will lessen the amount of meltdowns that she has in a day. Instead of melting down when she needs something, now she can tell us, "Daddy, help you!" (which means that she wants daddy to help her). Yesterday she was trying to turn on and off the humidifier and she couldn't get it to turn off, so she said, "Daddy do it." This may seem like a simple thing to say, but it is a big step for her to actually let us know what she wants.

She is just too stinking cute right now, I just can't get enough of her. Someday when I actually find the cord that connects my camera to my computer, I will post some pictures of my beautiful girl.

2 comments:

Marie said...

She is so smart! Like the other day when she said to Anthon, "Hold the brush," because she couldn't hold the kitty brush while trying to get a piece of candy.

Laura said...

Her expressive communication skills are amazing for her age. Oh wait, did I just talk like a teacher?