Tuesday, September 20, 2011

No Birthday for You!

Nicole, Daniel and I were suppose to go to Matt's niece Olivia's birthday party yesterday. Nicole was acting whiny, as usual and I didn't think much of it. Then she started rolling around on the ground and I thought she was just being weird. Then, when we were getting ready to leave, I was putting her shoes on and she said, "Mommy, I don't want to go, I don't feel good."

This was definitely unusual for her. So, I pulled out the thermometer and took her temperature. Sure enough, 101.1. Dan was at 99.2. So, I took shoes off and put her in her bed with some gaterade and a movie. We missed the birthday party, unfortunately, but I don't take my sick kids places. This is probably something that she caught in nursery. Parents are nice enough to send their sick children to nursery to spread the disease around. When my kid is sick, Matt or I stay home with the sick child while the other parent goes to church. It is not the worst thing in the world to miss church to care for a sick kid.

Even though I was kicking myself for not seeing the signs of her being sick, I am so grateful that she can finally tell me when she is not feeling good. She still can't tell me why she isn't feeling good or where it hurts, but she can recognize and communicate that something is wrong. It is just such a relief.

Cole's fever broke around 10pm last night, but she was still very whiny and say she couldn't sleep, even when Matt and I were very ready to go to bed. She tried laying on the floor of our room to sleep, but she just couldn't stay quiet enough (don't want to wake the baby) so she ended up in her own bed eventually.

I don't know what kind of sickness she has because the fever is the only thing presenting other then the lathargia and whiny crying. So, we will keep her home for another day and see how she is tomorrow. I'm taking a half day at work today so that I can go and take care of the kids while Matt goes to school.

Ah the life of the Mommy.

4 comments:

Marie said...

It sad when you have a plan that you have to miss because of a sick kid, but that's how it goes sometimes. I hope she feels better soon.

Lisa D said...

Nursery and Primary leaders tell parents not to bring their kids to class if they are sick, but some parents still don't listen. I hope she feels better.

Laura said...

My poor Coley and Dan. Give them a love from Grandma.

Deanne said...

Sick kids=no good. I'm sorry :( I hope they feel better soon.