Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tribute to Matt

In honor of the recent father's day, I thought I might write a little tribute to my husband, the father of my children, Matt. My gifts for Matt this year were less than a surprise, so I thought a love note over my blog would be better. Except that he rarely reads my blog. Well, he has that box of meat and those tennis shoes that I got him to fall back on (the gift of steak is the greatest gift).


Matt is a wonderful father. He is so caring, patient, and attentive. He loves our kids so much and is willing/likes to stay home and take care of the kids while I am at work (not something that every Dad can/wants to do).

Nicole and he have a great relationship because he works really hard to let her know how much he loves her. He serves her, plays with her, teaches her, and is always thinking of special things that they can do together that would make her happy. It makes me so happy to know how well my little girl is taken care of. And, she loves her Daddy so much, she is definitely a Daddy's girl. When she is hurt or sad, she doesn't want Mommy, she wants Daddy.

Matt is getting the experience of taking care of a newborn baby. I loved doing this with Nicole. It is a precious time and it goes by so fast. Suddenly, they aren't babies anymore, they are whiny two year olds. I'm so glad that Matt gets to spend this time with our Daniel. I can tell how much he loves our Daniel. He takes such good care of him that Daniel hardly ever cries. Plus, Matt is a pro at juggling both kids by himself (something that I am still learning to do).

I often see Matt whispering to Nicole when she is having a meltdown and explaining to her that she needs to calm down and I marvel at his patience. I am more apt to count down from three and send her to her room after the 2nd meltdown that I see, but Matt deals with it all day long and still keeps his cool.

Matt is a fantastic Dad and the better he gets at being a father, the more I love him. Matt and I were talking the other day and we realized that serving your children is the same as serving your spouse (because if you do it, then your spouse doesn't have to). I am so grateful for all my husband does for my children.

Going from one to two kids and then going back to work has been an emotional time for me, but Matt has been so supportive and a calming influence. He makes it almost easy to go to work every day because I know my babies are in good hands. I love you Matt!

1 comment:

Laura said...

You are lucky to have Matt. And we are fortunate to have him as a son-in-law.