Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's Over!

Matt took his last final for the semester yesterday and the semester is finally over! This semester, Matt only took 13 credits, so it was a lot better than fall semester when he was taking 17 credits, but it is always a relief when the semester is finally over. Matt is probably more relieved than I am since he is the one doing all the work.

Matt does the work and he goes to the classes, but the kids and I miss him so much during the time that he is in class or doing homework, I feel like we are a part of the school process.

We have a week and a half before Matt starts up with his next semester. He is taking two classes in the first block of summer and then he will have a break for the second half of the summer. Yay! Matt has not had a break from school since he started in August of 2010. He has been taking classes straight through. Last summer, Matt took two math classes, so he hasn't taken any time off.

Even though it is a lot of work and a lot of sacrifice because our time together as a family is very limited, but Matt is scheduled to graduate in April of 2013. So, we have only one more year and then this whole adventure that we have been on will be done.

Now that I can see the end in sight, I feel like it is so near. I know that we have a year left, but Matt is already registered for Fall, so we know what he is taking in the fall and what he has to take next Spring and that is it, no more classes after that. I can see exactly how many classes he has left and exactly when he is going to take them and it just makes the end seem like it is more real.

I cannot wait until Matt is done with school and back at work and I can be home with my children.

So, I will enjoy this week and a half of a break from school and I know Matt will enjoy it too and then it will be back to school.

1 comment:

Laura said...

The end is in sight. Yipee! I am so proud of all the sacrifices you are making to accomplish your goals together. It will be worth it in the end.